The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) is organizing a series of short courses within the framework of the UNICRI Journalism and Public Information Programme, a unique international programme tailored for journalists, chief information officers and those who want to specialize in public information and journalism. The programme aims at deepening knowledge of emerging security threats.
|Course on Cyber Threats, March 2014||Michael Thornton: Global Security and Crisis Management, European Commission - Joint Research Centre|
The courses take place at the United Nations Campus in Turin, Italy:
- Investigating Crimes against the Environment (21, 22 January 2016)
- Specialized course for media professionals on Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Robotics (23, 24 March 2016)
- Cyber Threats Masterclass
- Biosecurity Masterclass
- Reporting and Communicating on Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Risks
The lecturers are experienced international journalists, eminent scientists from nationally and internationally recognized academic and research institutions, as well as practitioners from international organizations dealing with cyber crimes, environmental issues, biotechnology and its potential applications in bioterrorism.
Upon completion of the programme participants will become skilled in handling information related to new hazards to states and citizens. They will acquire key tools to report facts and expand their professional network by meeting key international actors in this area. UNICRI will grant a Certificate of Participation.
Who should attend: The programme is intended for journalists, chief information officers, public information professionals, corporate communication managers and those who want to specialize in public information and journalism.
Where: United Nations Campus in Turin, Italy.
- Investigating Crimes against the Environment - 30 November 2015 ( 23:00 CET) - Application Form (download)
- Specialized course for media professionals on Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Robotics - 14 February 2016 ( 23:00 CET) - Application Form (download)
Send your application or contact us at publicinfounicri.it