UNICRI is always receptive to new partnerships that facilitate its mission in countering crime, enhancing justice and contributing to the protection of human rights. Since its establishment, UNICRI has partnered with a variety of international organizations, governments, NGOs, and civil societies. These mutually-beneficial partnerships between UNICRI and partner organizations aid UNICRI in fulfilling its mandate while simultaneously improving the capabilities of UNICRI’s partners.
UNICRI operates thanks to the generosity of a number of Member States and other Donors (international and regional organizations, charities, foundations etc.).
The resources at the disposal of the Institute are nevertheless always insufficient to meet the demands for services constantly received from the international community.
UNICRI is entirely financed from voluntary contributions and does not receive any funding from the regular budget of the United Nations. Contributions may be credited to the Sub-account "UNICRI" of the United Nations Crime and Criminal Justice Fund. Contributions in kind, staff secondments, direct participation in projects and any other forms of assistance can also support UNICRI programmes.
UNICRI welcomes the support of its donors, and thanks them for their continued contribute and interest in its activities.
What UNICRI does...
With more than 40 years of international action, UNICRI has acquired a unique experience in dealing with crime and justice problems within broader policies for socio-economic change and development, and the protection of human rights.
UNICRI supports other international organizations, national and local governments, non-governmental organizations, academic and educational institutions and the communities at the large, by:
- establishing a reliable base of knowledge and information
- promoting the exchange of information and knowledge
- assessing countries' risks and needs
- developing threath assessments
- identifying appropriate strategies, policies and instruments
- designing practical models and systems
- supporting, designing and implementing technical cooperation activities
- developing institutional capacity
- providing specialized training
- facilitating public-private partnerships
- providing advisory services