- Geneva (Switzerland) -UNICRI and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) organized the “Chemical and Biological Weapon Mobile Laboratory Prevention” workshop held on June 27-28, 2019 at the Palais de Nations in Geneva.
- The Hague -2nd edition of the Hackathon for Peace, Justice and Security Within the framework of the 2nd edition of the Hackathon for Peace, Justice and Security organized by the Data Science Initiativ
- UNICRI HQs, Turin -The nexus between transnational organized crime and terrorism represents a growing threat worldwide.
- The Hague -
- UNICRI HQs, Turin -
- Side event “Capacity Building Initiatives and Tools to Address Links Between Transnational Organized Crime and Terrorism”Vienna -Organized by: the Government of the Netherlands, the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) 1.10 - 2.00 p.m.
- Turin -With Maria Falcone, today we pay tribute to Judge Falcone and to all those who sacrificed their lives on the front lines for us to be free from fear. “He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so.
- Vienna -Within the framework of the 28th Session of the Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (CCPCJ), the United Nations Office on Genocide Prevention and the Responsibility to Protect in partnership with the United Nations Interregional Cr
- UN Headquarters, New York -A new exhibition, United for Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, will be open in the South Wall of the Conference Buildings (1st floor) of United Nations Headquarters in New York on 20 May and will be displayed until 31 May.
- United Nations Headquarters, New York -In observance of the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace that is celebrated worldwide on 6 April, the UN Department of Global Communications, the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, the UN Office for Partnerships and the
- United Nations HQ, New York -United Nations Headquarters, New York Conference Room 11 2 April 2019, h:15.00 – 18.00 UNICRI, together with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) and
- High-Level Event: Artificial Intelligence and Robotics - Reshaping the Future of Crime, Terrorism and SecurityUnited Nations Headquarters, New York -Together with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) and the Permanent Missions to the United Nations of Georgia, the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the United Arab Emirates, UNICRI convened a high-level event at the United Nati
- OICT and UNICRI join efforts to maximize the potential of emerging technologies for crime prevention and criminal justiceUnited Nations Headquarters, New York -Signing of the agreement between the two UN entities UNICRI and the United Nations Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) signed an agreement establishing a framework for their cooperation.
- Turin (Italy) -On 27 March 2019, UNICRI and Global Affairs Canada signed a multi-year agreement for the implementation of the project “Enhancing capacities to prevent the trafficking of radiological and nuclear (RN) material in the Middle East.”
- The Hague -A new report “Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Law Enforcement” has been published by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute’s (UNICRI), Centre for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics, and Innovation Ce
- Launching of the Policy Toolkit on The Hague Good Practices on the Nexus between Transnational Organized Crime and TerrorismMalaga -
- Turin -Let’s make sure women and girls can shape the policies, services and infrastructure that impact all our lives.
- Rome -On 7 March 2019, Ms. Hitomi Sato, Minister Councillor of the Embassy of Japan in Rome, and Ms.
New York, 23 July 2019. During its 36th Session, the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) approved the draft resolution “Combating transnational organized crime and its links to illicit trafficking in precious metals and illegal mining, including by enhancing the security of supply chains of previous metals.”
ECOSOC approves resolution on the appointment of two members and re-appointment of two members of the Board of Trustees of UNICRI
ICAT statement of the Inter-Agency Coordination Group against Trafficking in Persons on the World Day against Trafficking
On the occasion of the World Day against Trafficking in Persons, the Inter-Agency Coordination Group against Trafficking in Persons (ICAT) calls on governments to better address the misuse of internet and information technology to facilitate human trafficking, and harness the potential of technology to enhance investigations and prosecutions of perpetrators, as well as the provision of assistance to victims.
On 16-17 July 2019, a UNICRI Team went to Beirut to discuss and consult with the Lebanese authorities responsible for preventing the trafficking of radiological and nuclear (RN) material. The visit was conducted within the framework of the project CONTACT – Enhancing capacities to prevent the trafficking of radiological and nuclear material in the Middle East. This regional project is funded by ‘Global Affairs Canada’.
UNICRI, through its Knowledge Center “Security through Research, Technology and Innovation" (SIRIO) in Geneva, organized an Expert Workshop on the Supply Chain Security.
The 4th edition of the UNICRI Summer Course on Migration and Human Rights ended on July 19th. The Course took place from the 15th of July to the 19th of July in Rome, Italy, and was organized by UNICRI in cooperation with John Cabot University. Its aim was to equip post-graduate students and young professionals with legal, social, scientific and theoretical tools to better understand and tackle the growing challenges of international migration.
Understanding the potential and promoting accountability
Law enforcement, academia, private sector and security specialists from across the globe gathered this week in Singapore to take stock of the future of security and policing challenges at the third biennial INTERPOL World. On the margins of this three-day event, the UNICRI Centre for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics and the INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation convened the 2nd Global Meeting on Artificial Intelligence for Law Enforcement from 2-4 July.
UNICRI and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) organized the “Chemical and Biological Weapon Mobile Laboratory Prevention” workshop held on June 27-28, 2019 at the Palais de Nations in Geneva.